Wednesday, November 14, 2012

on prayer . . .


Abba, Father, reading about prayer this morning and how Jesus spent long periods in prayer, in the garden praying all night while His disciples slept. I'm sure I would have slept and I'm amazed that He could pray all night. I seem to run out of things to pray about or feel like I'm being repetitive, that You've heard it before or my mind starts to drift. To be so intentional and yet so natural. Father, I want to be able to pray without ceasing, to pray from the heart – expecting and trusting in You to act in ways that fulfill Your plans and purposes. I have a general idea but the specifics are often a mystery. And quite often my flesh gets in the way. My basic understanding is that prayer is simply conversing with You – and ideally it's a two way conversation, meaning I need to take the time to listen. I really love it when You speak to me. How amazing that You have made a way for us to come into Your presence and “be” with You.
W O W!

No comments:

Post a Comment