Friday, November 9, 2012

Do not fear . . .


So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who [are] with us [are] more than those who [are] with them." 2 Kings 6:16

This scripture and the story of Elisha in the confrontation with the King of Syria was shared at the worship concert last night and I found myself sighing a sigh of relief and rejoicing. As I stood in the midst of that huge auditorium, filled with the sounds of worship and praise, with hands and hearts lifted up to the One Whose Name is above all names – I could almost see the heavenly hosts and hear them joining in the sweet sound of abandon to our King. What do I have to fear and who can come against me. I know the One Who goes before and behind me, Who has promised never to leave me, the One Who spoke the world into being, the One Who has called me by name, the One whose Spirit dwells within me. For a moment, it was if I had stepped into eternity. Our God is the one and only Awesome God, may His name be ever praised. Hallelujah and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment