Sunday, March 11, 2012

An old Bible story

One of my life verses has always been Isa 30:15a “In returning and rest shall you be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.” Each word throughout the years has come to mean something special, a promise from my Father of a relationship that will never end. He has brought this verse to mind many times and in many ways.

Well - in the teaching this morning, Kent talked about two Bibles – one was hardly used, the other old and worn. It got me thinking of my very first Bible that was given to me by my Grandmother when I was 19 – an ol’ King James, some what tattered but still full of the good stuff! I pulled it out from its shelf and as I was thumbing through it just happened that I opened it up to – you guessed it – Isaiah 30:15. And there it was underlined and highlighted in yellow. It was His reminder to me of that personal, one on one, intimate and real relationship we share. No one knows me like He does and how wonderful and utterly amazing to be known by Him.

1 comment: