Wednesday, June 15, 2011

His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love. (Psa 147:10-11)

FATHER my desire is that You would take pleasure in me as I have found so much pleasure in You, in being Your child, Your beloved. To the human ear hearing that pleasure is to be found in “fear” and “hope” seems contradictory, yet to the spiritual ear it brings joy and peace. You are Who You are, and by Your word have called all things into being. You are awesome because of Who You are – worthy of all honor and praise. You are also good and merciful and just and because of Your amazing attributes we can place our hope in You because You are steadfast and unchanging in Your love. And so I can rejoice in my fear of You and have peace in knowing that my hope is more than just a wish but a knowing that my life is secure in Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment