Thursday, June 9, 2011

A small lesson about confession. . .

FATHER I had to apologize to several people yesterday at the bank where I do business. And while it was difficult, because of my own pride and wanting to “just let it go”, I went because I felt You were calling me to and because I needed to make amends for my angry reactions from the day before. Thank You for their gracious response but mostly for the freedom that comes in the process of admitting our offenses and in the receiving of forgiveness.

I was also impressed with the serious nature of sin, how easily it can surface and how deceptive it can be. . . and how very offensive it is to You. Thank You for Your Spirit’s revealing my sin and thank You for Your Son’s paying for my sin. There really are no words to adequately express how absolutely and completely amazing You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment