Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The wisest of women builds her house . . . Prov 14:1

One commentary talked about how the world tends to down play those who are “just” housewives or keepers of the home. It got me thinking about how we define who we are. I’m a (fill in the blank). There seems to be this need to “be” something. I remember as a child, “and what do you want to be when you grow up?” I never really had an answer, still don’t. I think what I want to define me is the kind of person I am, my character and how I live my life. It’s not about what I do, but who I am on the inside. I’ve also come to know that I don’t want the world to tell me who I am, but to become the one my FATHER says that I am. It’s HIS nature I want to define me because I am HIS child.

1 comment:

  1. I like to focus on the truth that we're human beings, not human doings. Our culture is so performance oriented...

    Good to read your thoughts! Blessings for a great day in Him.

    ReplyDelete