Thursday, July 7, 2011

Remembering

I remember a time when I was very young in the Lord. I was out of school, living on my own, and between jobs. I was in a small home Bible-study group and they had prayed for me to get a "job". Well, as it turns out my landlady had decided to paint the outside of the garage apartment I was living in. Because I was home, I ended up befriending the painter and his helper, so much so that he offered me a "job" to help him paint the building. It only lasted two days, but I saw it as God answering my prayer, in a somewhat humorous way.

Around lunch time on the second day I offered to drive to the nearest Burger King and get some burgers. My boss said that would be great, he gave me some money and off I went in my little VW bug. As I was driving I looked over and in the passenger seat, to my amazement, there sat Jesus. Now all I saw were His feet and the bottom portion of His robes, but I knew it was Him and I heard Him say - "I am with you always."

I’ll never forget that moment. I can still remember it as if it had just happened. Over the years since I have been through a lot and He has always kept His promise. I’ve know His presence in the trials, when He was all I had or when I felt I couldn’t go on. And I’ve known His presence in the good times, when my life was so full I felt I would just explode from the joy. He’s always with me, my constant companion and friend, my Lord and Savior, my Jesus.

2 comments: