Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A new name

Father, when I was looking at facebook and saw a picture of a few women friends enjoying a day out together I found an unwanted feeling within my heart, a wanting to be included.  I remembered a time in high school and wanting to be in a certain “service” club and not being invited. . . the feeling of being on the outside – not being enough.  These feelings come from how I interpreted a situation and by allowing something or someone other than You to define who I am or was.  
.
Then this song came to mind. A song we use to sing and that I haven't thought about in years:


I will change your name
You shall no longer be called
Wounded, outcast
Lonely or afraid

I will change your name
Your new name shall be
Confidence, joyfulness
Overcoming one
Faithfulness, friend of God
One who seeks my face.

Thank You that You have given me a new name, a new identity.  And that in You I am and have more than enough for all of eternity.  



No comments:

Post a Comment