Sunday, May 13, 2018

“according to what they have done”


One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard:
“Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”;
and, “You reward everyone according to what they have done.”  (Psa 62:11-12)

“. . . according to what they have done” 
While there is a difference between salvation and rewards, when I come across verses like this, I must confess, they make me tremble a bit – what if the things I have done are not good enough.  And then I remember, He has already done all that is needed for me, that my security rests in Him and not in me.  Praise God!!!

This also reminds me of the parable about the talents and what we do with what we’ve been given.  In Christ we have been given forgiveness and new life, not to be hoarded but given away freely, as it has been given to us.  It is not the quantity that He looks at so much as to the quality – things done from a heart that has been broken and remade in His image.  A work He both begins and finishes.  I am simply clay in the Potter’s hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment