Thursday, December 7, 2017

We are not to make friends with the world or compromise with its ways. We are called to die to its ways and live for Christ. (Paraphrase of Tozer/The old cross and the new)

Abba, I must admit there is fear and trembling in my heart as I read this article this morning.  There is a difference between friendship with You and a familiarity without a true regard for just Who You are.  Help me to never take for granted or in any way diminish You or all that You have done.  My old life is not my friend but has become my enemy, as is any attitude or behavior that separates me from You.  The “world” too in no friend, though there is much beauty and spender to be seen, this is not my home.  I am an alien in a strange land on a journey towards home.  You are my home.  In all things, please direct my path and keep my heart fixed upon You.

No comments:

Post a Comment