Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Getting Old

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand. 
I have been young, and now am old… (Psa 37:23-25)

They say there are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory. I forget the other two. 

 As this year draws to an end and another year of my life is behind me, I find this psalm quite comforting.  For though at times I miss the days of my youth, I would not trade them for the days I am now in – there is a peace and contentment I never knew then – and a knowing that keeps me secure.  As David says, I may stumble but He is always there to lift me up with a gentle touch and a warm embrace.  And while there are things I may forget, I know that I am never forgotten and that He will always remind me of those things that I need to know – which is mostly Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment