Monday, December 19, 2016

A remembering and a prayer

I was reading this morning about a situation of a girl in high-school, shy and uncertain, and how she was bullied by others.  Remembering how in my youth others (even those who were supposedly my friends) would point out, with great delight, any flaws in personality or appearance.  For me it was having light facial hair, big breasts and even the fact that I wouldn’t “put out” for my boyfriend.  Those words and actions left open wounds that have healed over time as I’ve learned that I am not defined but what others think of me, but it has taken a life time and the love and grace of a loving Father.  And while the wounds have healed, the scars remain

But I have also come to accept these scars as trophies, blessings in disguise, because I am stronger and more secure because of them.  What the world may say is not who I am.  I am a daughter of The King, loved and adored and cherished: He has turned ashes into beauty, sorrow into joy and made whole what was broken.

My prayer is for those who have been bullied by the world, that they would come to know and accept that they are loved unconditionally; that they have a heavenly Father who is longing to embrace them and rejoice over them – if they will let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment