Friday, December 23, 2016

Don’t worry about anything . . .

but throw your worries upon God.

This was part of my reading this morning.  I must confess, worry is something I’ve always struggled with.  I don’t want to worry because I do believe God is not pleased when I do but I’m not sure, once it starts, just how to stop it.    

This morning the last half of the verse really caught my attention – it was almost like a challenge, a test me and see sort-of-thing.  So I decided I’d give it a go and the following is my testimony.   

          
We’re currently in the mountains.  Several months ago I bought a shirt at a local thrift store.  It was a bit big, but perfect for wearing around the house with a pair of sweat pants.  I just leave it here, it’s my mountain shirt and in a funny way I look forward to wearing it when we’re here.

Well the last time we were here I couldn’t find it when we were getting ready to leave.  No big deal, but it “worried” me a bit.  When we got here this time, I immediately began looking for it and still wasn’t able to find it. 

This is where my testimony comes in.  After the reading from Philippians and pondering a bit, I decided that since I didn’t know where it was and that not knowing was “worrying” me, I would simply throw my worries upon God – after all, I was sure He knew where it was – so I left it with Him and went about my day.

As I was taking my morning shower, which I truly love on a cold winter’s morn in the mountains, out of the blue it occurred to me “look behind the dresser”.  And so that is what I did . . . and guess what was there.  Hidden and just barely visible –  was my shirt.

Now I realize with all the problems in the world today, finding a shirt is not a high priority.  But for me it was just an example of my Father’s love and care . . . and a bit of humor as well.  Isn’t He just amazing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment