Saturday, January 14, 2012

“What has Jesus done for you recently?”

I was listening to a teaching the other day and the speaker asked “what has Jesus done for you recently?” It’s a good question and one we should be expecting and looking for an answer to as those who carry His Name. The speaker's intention was not to focus on us (what's in it for me) but on Jesus (what an awesome Lord He is).

This morning I was doing some maintenance on my computer with a new program and it took much longer than I had anticipated (hours versus minutes). I do most of my quiet time and study on-line, I read scripture, look up words, journal, read commentaries, etc – you get the idea, so I was initially miffed for the intrusion into my normal routine. And then it occurred to me that I could do my daily readings with out the computer – and so I did. I also realized I have numerous resource books waiting patiently for me to use just an arms reach away, and so I pulled several out and had a wonderful time of discovery and just being aware of His presence in a familiar and yet unfamiliar way. Even my prayer time seemed less distracted and more focused on Him.

So what has Jesus done for me recently? He’s caused me to realize how much He desires to be available to me, to all us who carry His name and how strong the desire to be with Him is within me.

He just gets better and better and I am continually amazed!

1 comment: