Saturday, December 11, 2010

Listening

It’s interesting – I had a good friend called me up yesterday to say she just needed someone to “listen” to her,  and so we met after work and she talked about a situation that was causing her pain and I basically just listened – a nod hear, a sigh there, mostly just being with her.  It was the second time this week that I’ve been called upon to be a listener.  Yet for me, I find it hard to be the one listened to, which is why I think I spend so much time journaling and writing to my Father, my Abba.  Even then it takes time for me to really understand what it is I want to say that conveys what’s really going on inside.  It has to do with being honest and truthful with myself first and others second (Father already knows the truth about me but loves me anyway).    I’m not sure what my point is or if I even have a point, but these conversations cause me to look more deeply at my life and in so doing, help me to see more and more my need to surrender and rest in Him. . . and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment