Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A divided heart

But all the while, Balaam's heart was divided - he was infatuated with the idea of getting rich. And although he couldn't curse in the name of God, he did get an idea: If Baw-LAWK could put a tumbling block in front of the Israelites, then God Himself would be forced to curse them. (Ron Daniels 2 Peter 2:10)

FATHER, reading about Balaam’s “divided heart” really struck a nerve in me. Knowing what Your will is and looking for a way around it because my will wants what it wants. Choosing - because ultimately it is a choice - wrongly. I can choose correctly 99 times but that 1 wrong choice haunts me and the enemy starts taunting me. It just goes to show, how much I need You; Your grace and tender mercies, because I can NOT make it on my own. The persevering is continuing on, even when I stumble, knowing You are with me, holding me, loving me, forgiving me, transforming me, completing the work You have begun in me. I am amazed and humbled and so very, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment