Friday, April 27, 2018

My weakness, His strength - thoughts from Gideon


What I once considered a weakness I now see as a gift.
To accept or reject.

Misplace focus – on the problem rather than on God.  This is where faith comes in, to see the unseen, to see beyond what’s in front of me into eternity, to the Eternal.  
Teach me to run, not walk, into the arms of Jesus.
When I come to the end of myself, that is where I find Him.
Don’t focus on the disparity between the problem and your resources.  Your weakness, in His hands, is the key to unlocking His strength

Father, at the moment my weakness is my inability to cope with all the distractions of life that take my focus off You and onto them.  I’m tired and heavy laden and need to enter into Your rest and just breathe.  You are greater than the distraction.

I don’t want to fail You, to dishonor You in any way, but I feel like my "inability" keeps me from Your victory because on some level I give into the distraction.

I see how I’m like our Bob, I snarl and growl when I lose control, when things don’t go as I want, when I’m inconvenienced in some way.  Teach me how to connect with You in those times, to rise above, to let go, to see beyond and just rest . in . You.

When things rock my world, teach me how, cause me to stand in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment