Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bag lady or bride

To paraphrase from my reading this morning.  The world around us (and that to come) is the “theater of God’s glory” – that all of creation is connected to God its creator.  Everything is by design.  It is not a junk yard and we are not bag ladies picking through the debris to find things on which we can survive.

I had to laugh at this because I have always said (somewhat jokingly, yet somewhat seriously) I’ll probably be a bag lady when I get to heaven – that I’ll get there because of Him but the style in which I live will be . . . that of a bag lady.  I have this vision of me pushing around a shopping cart filled with life’s essentials.  How silly of me.

Because in truth there is hope after all.  The fact is, He has gone to prepare a place for me and that place will be with Him, that I will not be a bag lady, but His bride. That I am His and will be forever surrounded by His glory.  This takes my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment