Friday, March 22, 2013

Thoughts of Redemption


Then it hit me: redemption. That is what He desires. He desires redemption over innocence. Our sin was here all along only now we were forced to deal with it. The chains, the pit falls, the stumbling had been brought into the light so that redemption could take place.
 
Abba, this was from a blog and it so resonated within me – that You are all about redemption. You know and understand our weaknesses, our tendency toward sin and have made a way out of that bondage into freedom.

This won’t be the end. It won’t be the last time we deal with this. In times of desperation, loneliness, hunger and exhaustion we will find temporary comfort in our chains. That short satisfaction that will only take us further away from the Truth that we know. Its in those moments, when we don’t realize it, that God is preparing us. Preparing us for redemption, revival and to be taken out of the way. To purge what was there and brought to the reality of our selfishness. . . For we must remember that we do not fall into sin,we are led into it by the choices we make. Yet in that moment, we can learn to stop pushing and rest. Rest in the knowledge that He is fighting for us and the victory is already won.

Abba, as I read these words, I find hope but I also find an excuse – because I know that I will sin again. I want to blame my own weakness, to hide behind it. There is this connection between my weakness and Your strength. I read this morning that “human weakness consecrated to You is like a magnet, drawing Your power into my neediness”. Fear can block this, does block this from happening. The root then is not my weakness but my fears.
Abba, help me to see my fears through Your eyes, to identify just what it is I'm afraid of and then help me to let it go – to surrender it and look to You. Perfect love casts out fear. Your love for us and our love for You. Your love is perfect. Mine, however, is a work in progress, but a work that You have begun and will therefore complete.
I also know that I can rejoice in my weaknesses because they cause me to rely upon, to cling to and rest in Your redeeming love.

No comments:

Post a Comment