Saturday, August 13, 2011

Some thoughts about storms . . .

In the storm remember Who is in the boat, the storm will end and that He will get you to the other side.

In the storm, there is the foundation of knowing that He is with me and that He will get me through whatever may come - in this I am confident. My fears or concerns are just how He will accomplish it. I know that He will sometimes allow suffering and hardships to touch us – I believe it is also for our good, but that it can be painful and quite honestly I don’t like pain. At the same time I know that when we (He and I) have made it through the storm, that I am stronger for it, more like Him and less like me and ultimately that is my hearts desire. (The medicine may tastes bad going down, but it is useful and necessary for my healing to be complete.)

There are some lessons that can only be learned in a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment