Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Random thoughts

Abba, I was thinking this morning about a discussion I had with someone about missing the relationships, the connections that I had in a community we were once a part of and of that time in my life.  They expressed that perhaps they weren't real but were just pretend but I choose to believe they were “for a season”. 

It occurred to me that sometimes we all pretend because we may not "feel" the way we think we should – Forgiveness, for example.  We know we should but deep down we aren’t fully capable of it and so we try to act like we forgive.

I think we’re all works in progress and sometime we just have to accept what is offered as genuine because it may be the best that can be offered at the time.

I’m reminded of the difference between Paul and Barnibus’ reaction to John Mark.  I don’t think either was wrong but each reacted according to their own personalities and visions.  I also believe that as a result John Mark grew in the maturity of his faith.

I think too it has something to do with our expectations.  People are going to disappoint us - and sometimes we disappoint ourselves.  We can choose to let the disappointment divide us or we can choose to allow grace to overcome the disappointment.

Help me, Father, to be an instrument of Your grace

No comments:

Post a Comment