Saturday, July 8, 2017

Commandments

The old commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. 
The new commandment to love as I have love you. (Jesus)

This is so opposite of what the world says.  The world says that we should look out for ourselves. That I have my rights to do or say or be what I want; that “I” always comes first.  Even in loving our neighbors there is a certain amount of “self” involved.  Treating others the way we would like to be treated. 

But Jesus takes it to a whole new level of surrendering by giving up His life for ours.  He then gave us His Spirit so that we could live and love as He did.

It’s a process – this dying to our “selves” and living for others.  It’s day to day, moment to moment. But in the end, we shall behold Him - face to face and our joy will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment