Friday, June 9, 2017

Dinner guests

Reading this morning a commentary on Luke 14:7-11 about pride and humility, the author said "True generosity springs from a heart full of mercy and compassion." and ended with a simple prayer -"And purify my love for others . . . "

This got me thinking about my own heart which lead to thinking about Jesus washing the disciples feet - so this is my prayer.

Yes, Lord, purify my heart.  Thank You that You have washed it clean but as with feet, it needs a daily rinsing off.  Show me how to guard it in a way that allows it to be broken by those things that breaks Yours but is strong and steady in the face of whatever may come my way; that responds to the needs of others with love and compassion but is not fooled by the deceitfulness of sin – in myself or in others.  Thank You that You have given me a new heart and that it beats with the rhythm of Your own and that it is safe and secure within Your hands.

All from a parable about dinner guests :)

No comments:

Post a Comment