Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A new beginning

I started a new book today, Big God by Britt Merrick.  He wrote this book during a time when his 5 year old daughter was struggling with cancer.  She went into remission but the cancer came back and eventually took her life.  I watched this family, from a far, as they went through this time in the valley of the shadow of death and found my faith strengthen by their living testimonies.  I hope to share little tid-bits along the way. . . and so we begin.

“I have hidden Your Word in my heart”.  In difficult times, when we have read our Bibles, we can fall back on His truth, His promises and what we know about His character.  Verses like Phil 4:6-9 can shape and protect our hearts and minds and prevent us from going to the dark places.  We need to intentionally choose to trust in His Word.  It is living, active, inerrant, infallible, authoritative and true.  As A W Tozer once said “We can’t expect those without faith to understand the power of the Word because it is through faith that the Word is revealed”.   The Bible tells us about Jesus, and reveals the character of God so that we can know that He is good and faithful.  Therefore, Let the Word of Christ dwell richly in you.

1 comment:

  1. (((Ceylon))) thank you for sharing this and so looking forward to you sharing more. Phil 4:6-9 - I was just reminding myself of those words early this morning <3

    ReplyDelete