Friday, January 9, 2015

Eyes to see

This morning I had fixed a couple of sausage patties from Brant.  He’s on the road today and was busy getting ready to leave.  He had taken a bite out of one and put the dish down and, in his getting ready, he now couldn't find them.  We began to search, retracing steps, looking high and low, until we’d just about given up.  As I scanned the counter tops, one last time, there they were – patiently waiting in the dish where he had left them.  We had missed them because also sitting on the counter were the cat’s dishes containing their cat food.  The dishes were similar and because they are always there we “didn't see” the dish containing the sausages. 

The lesson for me is that sometimes I miss seeing something because what I’m looking at is too familiar, like the many gifts God has given.  Because they’re always there, I overlook their unique beauty and wonder.  Lord, give me eyes to see all that I have been missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment