Tuesday, August 19, 2014

He is faithful

“I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat. . . Then His disciples answered Him, “How can one satisfy these people with bread here in the wilderness?” (Mark 8:2-4)

How amazing it is that you can come upon a familiar verse or story that you've heard many times before and yet in that moment He comes and takes you deeper and deeper into His presence. 

I must confess that at times I’m somewhat critical of the disciples for their lack of faith. They had the benefit of living with Jesus and seeing the miracles firsthand.  But then I, who have the benefit of the cross and His Spirit within me, also struggle with faith even knowing all that He has done for me.  How fortunate that He is ever patient and faithful, even when I am faithlessly forgetful .  Perhaps too, I just need to focus on His faithfulness rather than my short-term memory in faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment