Thursday, July 10, 2014

Clarity in our message and innocence in our dealings; prejudice and troubles will follow.

Abba, you know the conversation I had last night with N.  She was a friend from many years ago, a friend I shared my youth with, traveled with, lived with and then lost contact with.   We recently ran into each other and had lunch.  Last night she called me.  After some small talk she said she feels like she knows me, because of my fb posts – but that I don’t know her.   She told me she is a lesbian – and has always been. While I wasn't aware of this in our youth, I kinda figured it out after our lunch together.  I basically tried to be open to her and not to judge or condemn her in any way.  It’s her choice.  She also stated that she is a Unitarian and a democrat.  She was concerned because knowing what she knows about me, that I am a Christian, makes her anxious.  She doesn't want to pursue reestablishing our relationship – my words, not hers . . . and so the phone call ended.

The truth is, we don’t have much, if anything, in common – except we were once friends and have a shared history.  I am basically the same person I've always been – at least on some level, but I know my life was changed when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  It’s hard for me to remember my life before I surrendered to Him, back when N and I were friends.  I now know that He has always held me in His heart and under the wings of His protection.  I’m not quite sure what to make of the phone conversation.  So I will leave it in Your hands and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment