Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Perfect peace

Dear Abba, in reading Psalm 101 this morning, the writer mentions leading a blameless life or having a blameless heart.  I found myself stumbling over blameless, for while it is my desire, I know that I am, in my own strength, not blameless.  Another translation has the word perfect; meaning complete, whole, entire, sound or integrity, completeness.  I remember reading somewhere that it can mean to be used for its intended purpose.  One of the commentaries says that at the time the word meant to be complete towards You, rather than to be perfect, as in without sin.  Either way, Lord, I need You to accomplish Your perfection in me for without You, I am lost.  I find comfort in knowing that this is also Your desire for me and therefore it will be accomplished, HAS been accomplished in Jesus. And in this knowledge I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment