Friday, January 10, 2014

Abraham and Isaac

In the story of Abraham and Isaac – Abraham's willingness to kill, to lay down, what was most precious to him in order to obey the voice of God – Am I?   What I heard that I need to lay down was my burden – to stop striving and just rest, trust Him to provide and to work out all the myriad details concerning the cares of this life. My God, my Abba will provide.

I remember another time, when what I was to lay down was being a part of the worship team – and how very hard and painful it was because I was holding it to tightly and had let it define who I whose, rather than Whose I am.  I remember to the joy that comes in letting go, in laying down.

Sometimes we only need be willing – but most others require the actual doing. Either way requires our unconditional obedience, our response to His unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment