Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's personal

Abba, FATHER, how utterly amazing You are and how blessed I am to be Your child.  Sitting here this morning, thinking about so many different and random things – and then recalling the scene at the end of John’s gospel.   How You asked Peter twice, “do you love me” and Peter’s answer “yes, Lord, I like You” and then You asking “Peter, do You like me” . . . You knew he couldn’t rise up to Your level of love, Your agape for him and so You came down to his level and met him where he was – in his humility and his shame over his denial of You . . . in his brokenness.   

And then recalling how You came to me, when I couldn’t seem to rise up to You, You came down to me and met me where I was – and loved me, in spite of my own weakness and brokenness.  There are no words, my precious Lord, my dearest friend – only a heart filled with a desire to worship and adore You.

No comments:

Post a Comment